Tuesday, October 7, 2014

lurking drug sales

google maps image of site mentioned in post.
that time in grande prairie alberta in the nineteen seventies, I was walking through the parking lot at the towne centre mall and a guy was coming out of the malls northwest corner exit. without looking right at me he mutterered something I couldn't hear because of the way he was whispering. I said "what?" and he said it again and I caught something I thought was "hey you want to buy some drugs". I stopped, looked back at him over my shoulder smiled and said "what" drawn out and louder. he was now past me and stopped and started to say "you want to buy some drugs" again and louder so I could hear. I had a big smile on my face and I think I said what again and louder, he looked at me, panicked and took off.