Monday, November 3, 2014

Lurking operation redhead

They forget to mention surveillance entrapment as one of red-deers amenities.

That time in red deer I was at the public library. I got up to reshelve a book and in the time it took to walk around the corner of the nearest shelf an put the book back someone had come along and put a note in the pocket of my winter coat which was hanging on the chair. I found it when I put my coat on and returned a pen to my pocket. I quickly checked my pockets to see if anything was missing and then read the note.
The person who supposedly left it described her self as the girl with the red hair who was at a desk near me. The message went on that she was too shy to introduce her self to me so left the note, hopeing I would call the number on it and we could arrange to meet somewhere.
At the time I thought someone was having some fun, never occurred to me it could of been a surveillance entrapment run by the rcmp or an organized crime group.

How this could be used in a fiction. A person is at a library and gets up to reshelve a book, he goes around the corner of the nearest shelf and replaces the book and returns to the desk in less than a minute, long enough for someone to go past his coat and slip a note in the pocket.
Back at the table he put his coat on and when he places a pen in one of the pockets he Finds the paper and thinks it's something he forgot putting there, unfolds it and reads the writing. It is a message from some one saying she wants to talk to him but was too shy to approach him there in the library, the note describes her as being the girl with the red hair sitting at another table, maybe he noticed. There is a phone number for him to call so they could arrange to meet some where.
He dosnt call the number. A couple of weeks later while he is shopping at a local mall he hears some one talking behind him about how "someone should call the number he found on the paper in his pocket, they have to meet their quota, if someone dosnt call and meet the person they can make worse things happen to him." He turns around and says what? and the guy says some one gave him money to say what he said behind him and starts to repeat what he had said spooks and takes off.