Saturday, February 21, 2015

toronto public library patron report

this blog has a post on incident reports at the toronto public libraries and how they are used by librarians to tar patrons who they do not want around the library.

I've made several over the years starting with the guard bothering me after I had seen him talking in a way that seemed to be about me with an other library user who with his girlfriend had been sexually harassing me over several months.

I would add something to his comment that the libraries use the form to blacklist patrons, the something added being is the forms are shared with the police or csis. the harassmant in my case seems to have been part of a larger d and d surveilance event on the part of csis with cooperation by the library staff and security guards.